Friday, July 16, 2010

Temple Invasion

"Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you?" (1 Corinthians 6:19 NLT). Paul wrote these words to counter the Corinthian sex obsession. "Run away from sexual sin!" reads the prior sentence. "No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body." (v.18 NLT).

I am a man whose testimony publicly is clean from sexual stains. My words are clean, my house is clean, my relationship is securely pure, and from a public standpoint I can pass as a "livable" temple of the Holy Spirit.

BUT no. I am as filthy as everyone else. As dirty as the adulterer and as malicious as the maniac in the street. The Bible also says that if you look at a woman with lust, you have already committed adultery with her. How sad, that I am a guilty sinner in thought, and in standing before God.

Recently, when the power failures happened in the whole of Luzon, I was forced to go to the mall and spend the time there to cool off. I was alone, and I wanted to watch a movie. So after parking, I was surprised to see that almost everyone else had the same idea. The mall was brimming with beautiful and attractive ladies, from teenager up. I found myself thinking I was a single man, and I played with the thought of girl-watching, since my wife wasnt around. By the way,my wife and I do girl-watch and its quite different when Im with her, I sort of appreciate the beauty of ladies,and I thank God whenever I look at my wife, because she is very attractive indeed. BUT, when I am alone,I cannot girl-watch, because I suddenly become somebody else. I was constantly rebuking myself telling myself, "What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be filled with the Spirit, thinking about things of the Spirit..."

I really need a smack in the head. Get myself focused on the things of God, and not on the things of this world. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, i should not sin against my body...

1 comment:

Frances said...

Vince and I like to girl watch, too! =D

tamperproof worshipper

tamperproof worshipper
rock it for Jesus