Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is there a God?

I recently read the "Pascal's Wager" and I investigated the more sophisticated variations to it, and it seems Mr Pascal is quite confused himself. But I am glad he is a rational being and that his wager posed a good challenge for atheists and theists alike to question their beliefs. Well, actually, for atheists, he didn't even strike a point. The atheists saw vastly farther and toppled his arguments with ease. That is why I mentioned that Mr. Pascal was confused with the basis of his assumptions... that is why his wager is easily rebutted. But in a sense, I thank the atheists for posing this wager insufficient for a theist's argument of a God. I am now reinforcing my beliefs.

I went to a University where the question of God's existence was always in topic, and debated. Many philosophers-turned-atheists constantly posted open debates for Christians to prove their point. As a freshman, I was shocked to experience that, but I grew more and more interested in their arguments and I actually questioned my beliefs! I started asking if there really was a God, because I never seen Him, felt Him, heard Him, and all I knew about Him was through someone else's explanation, and a book called the Holy Bible, which I barely read and understood. I "loved" a man-God called Jesus, but I never really investigated more about Him, His claims, His work, His identity. Thus my search began.

Is there a God? How do I know He exists? If there is one, who is He? Which religion teaches the "true God"? Since I am a Christian, I had to remove my biases and equally investigate all the religions I could get my hands into and give them all equal chances. But I have to start with the question: "IS THERE A GOD?"

No comments:

tamperproof worshipper

tamperproof worshipper
rock it for Jesus