Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Art and my baby

I am a musician. I happen to be a graphic artist too. I love to write poetry, short stories, and articles on worship. But in all these, there is a connection. And that is a pen. You need to be a calligrapher to experience the beauty of writing. The Chinese say that a good swordsman has the ability to wield his sword at the stroke of his pen.


Alright, enough of the artistic words… bottom line, I love to write! And my love for nice penmanship has also dug up a passion for great fonts, lettering and the sort. I recently got married, and in our budget constraints, I decided to write all my invitations. And write them I did. I took the strength out of me! Man, it took days to do those invitations! I remember buying a calligrapher’s pen, and also ink, so I practiced all my known fonts and started writing on semi-finished invitations. And trust me, after that, they were gorgeous! It added a personal touch because all were handmade! But then again, I was drained of all my energies!

A good solution to this problem of getting tired is the simple printing! Ha, next time, coz the next step after my wedding is making invitations to our possible baby’s dedication! His or her birthday invitations or any baby announcements we would send out must be done lovingly and beautifully! Well, there’s no baby yet but I’m sure I’m hiring a letterpress printing company to do all the work for me. Now with my taste for calligraphy, I need someone to do it my way. Someone to write it as if I did it myself… hopefully it comes soon!

No comments:

tamperproof worshipper

tamperproof worshipper
rock it for Jesus