Sunday, May 18, 2008

Travel Blessings as a Musician

God has indeed blessed me by not only giving me skills in music, but by letting me enjoy the perks and bonuses of being a musician! How? By traveling for FREE! As a young man, I really wanted to travel the world. But as I grew, I found it difficult to even travel in your own region, much worse your own local mall because of budget constraints! But bless the Lord I was allowed to join groups of musicians (MANILA STRING MACHINE and Manila Philharmonic Orchestra) who were also blessed by talent, that we get invitations to play to different private clubs, resorts, hotels, and even countries!!!

The only time I went out of the country was when we toured with the International Tenor Andrea Bocelli, where we went to Singapore and Hong Kong! I really enjoyed Hong Kong, because it was cool and very clean! Their policies and guidelines for traffic and the sort were strictly enforced, making it a very nice city! I went to the night market and Ocean Park, and it was really awesome! Staying with other musicians are great specially if you're in one hotel, you can go to the other guy's/ girl's unit and just eat up their bag of chips, and use their bathroom to keep yours clean.. ha! That was really cool! Hey if you want to check out cheap hotels in Hong Kong, you can go to this link which was referred to by friends:
http://www.cheaperthanhotels.com/Hong-Kong/.

Now, as a treat for my self, because I read a pamphlet about China about the Olympics, my desire is to visit China someday! I want to see the Great Wall, the Yang Tze River, Beijing, Shanghai... and basically to learn by first hand the beautiful ancient culture they had, before the West influenced them. The only hope I could go there if someone would pay for my fare, hotel accommodations and food for the stay! And that only hope is if ever I could play with a group and perform live!

Oh by the way, Shanghai before was a place where musicians played and was a bastion of great Filipino Musicians! My grandpa went there for a time and played the flute and clarinet in the army.
He also played in some hotels in Shanghai, how I wish I could go there!

So, if any of you would like to send me to China, so I could share the music God has given me, and for me to personally enjoy this wonderful culture, please wrtie me at botbydblud@yahoo.com or comment to this blog! Hehehe!

No comments:

tamperproof worshipper

tamperproof worshipper
rock it for Jesus